Chromebook keyboard outline



I wanted an offline way to help students learn their way around a chromebook. I also wanted something we could "do" together. The littlest littles - preK & kindergarten - are still learning to recognize letters and I felt that having a paper version of their chromebook would help us identify things easier.

I created this chromebook keyboard outline in a Google Drawing - you can also copy & paste it into a Google Slide if you are looking for multiple versions all in one file. I also had one of the chromebooks our littles use right next to me as I made it. This Drawing is 100% editable - do yourself a favor ... double check a few things before using what I've got shared here:
  • Are your keys upper or lower case? Most laptops have uppercase, most chromebooks, but not all, are lowercase.
  • Double check your letters ... in particular, the "q", "a", and "g". Those are the tough ones for the littles. Our chromebooks have the "fancy" a & g and most of the time they've never seen them like that before!
  • Look at your shift, tab, and enter keys ... when we got new ones a few years back, I realized those words had been replaced by symbols ... waaaaay harder for the adults than the kids for sure!
I left symbols off quite a few keys ... I knew I could add those in later and wanted to focus on the letters and numbers and the more often used keys. This keyboard outline can be used for so many things .... be creative!

Preview & make your own copy here!

TEMPLATE/PREVIEW LINK đŸ‘‰Interested? Would you like to see this activity? Want to make your own copy? If you decide you'd like your own copy, click the "Use Template" button in the top right corner. 

Did you try it out?

Please let us know how it went with your students -- Did you leave it as is? Did you modify it? Leave a comment below or tag us on social media. 

Together we can integrate technology with purpose for ALL of our students ... even our little ones!

Comments