Pumpkins! 🎃



Honest and truly, the BEST part of my week is when I am in classrooms with students and their teachers. I have made it a point the past few years to make regular appointments with our kindergarten classes so I can help foster the confidence and management that it takes when you have devices in the classroom. It also is such a rewarding adventure! (Often, I feel like a rock star when I walk in!)

This early in the year, you need to focus activities on the basics of device use. Helping little ones get their chromebook out of the cart, back to seats, and logging in is enough to make adults sweat ... until they are used to the routine. (Getting them back on the cart is a whole 'nother ball game!) I chose to keep my focus on basic skills that will support them in many other areas of computer use. Navigating to programs, open activities in Google Classroom, recognizing speakers will read something to you, and dragging and dropping.

As always, the classroom teacher added me to her Google Classroom, so I am able to add it as an assignment, using the "Make a copy" option for each student. I always recommend adding an emoji that is related to the activity to further help your students click on the right activity.

As your students become more comfortable with seeing and doing activities, they will become a little more independent. You then will have the time and ability to help those who need extra guidance.

Preview & make your own copy here!

Pumpkins! 🎃 👉 Interested in having your students practice their dragging & dropping skills? Then this is the template for you! If you decide you'd like your own copy, click the "Use Template" button in the top right corner. 


Did you try it out?

Please let us know how it went with your students -- Did you leave it as is? Did you modify it? Leave a comment below or tag us on social media. 

Together we can integrate technology with purpose for ALL of our students ... even our little ones!

Comments